The CV Show 2015 was once again a huge success. Businesses from all around the UK gathered together to enjoy the largest and most comprehensive road freight transport event staged in Britain.
We spoke to a number of industry experts who kindly shared what they experienced over the past 3 days, outlining their main highlights of this years CV Show and explained just how the CV Show benefited them as a business...
Paul Duggan Consulting
In terms of my experience at the CV Show – I wanted to market my own Telematics consultancy; I advise companies on the best system for them and also handle the change management of implementing the systems. So I had a few objectives:-
- See what was out there in terms of changes and new products who has merged, linked up or dropped out!
- Network with the companies and individuals that are important to me.
- See if I could generate some new leads to gain more business
I managed to do all of the above which would have taken months or years and I did it in 2 days. I had a great plan of which I wanted to see but by treating the event as a serious piece of work really got the most out of it. I would recommend going to the show with a clear plan and a series of objectives.
My highlights were:-
- Getting some new business from a seriously big customer, whilst catching up with some old friends and ex colleagues.
- Meeting Trevor Francis and getting my picture with him.
- Gaining a real insight into what was happening across Telematics and Cameras so I can advise my clients better.
"In my mind it’s a not to miss event but you only get out what you put in."
As a GPS tracking & telematics provider we like to attend the show for many reasons, but our three highlights to the show were: see there.
- We also like to take the opportunity to see what is new within in the industry, and see what everyone is talking about
- Discover which new products are being innovated. We take this as a chance to network with other suppliers and see if there are alliances to be formed in order to make the experience we provide to our clients better.
Additionally, we enjoy seeing all the new vehicles that are out and the amount of creative effort the manufactures put in to showcase them, such as the orange Daff fleet, they were a real sight to see this year, and I think everyone enjoyed seeing the new Iveco Vision concept car, it was a real stand out vehicle at the show and turned a lot of heads.
- This year, the CV Show saw the UK launch of the new Mercedes-Benz Vito and our Rygor sales team was able to take customers to the event so they could see first-hand the enhanced features and versatility of this new vehicle. To book a test drive visit www.rygor.co.uk.
- What’s more, this year it was fantastic to see one of Rygor’s very own Service24h Sprinter vans on the Mercedes-Benz stand, in addition to the full product range, from the compact Citan right through to the mighty Unimog!
- The CV Show is a fantastic platform to bring together lots of different companies in the industry. The event seems to grow every year and we are always thrilled to be part of it
The CV Show, as per usual, was a well organised and varied event.
- One of the highlights for me was Renault’s stand and seeing the various ways their range of LCV’s can be converted to individual needs.
- On top of this, being a bit of a Formula 1 nerd, I loved seeing the launch of the Wirth Research AeroKit for Eddie Stobart’s trucks and seeing how it will reduce drag and lower emissions for the freight company.
- Finally, as surreal/bizarre as it was, I enjoyed watching the Cargotec Hiab World Crane Championship as it allowed me to sit outside and take advantage of the sun for a little bit!
1. The CV Show is a great place to catch up with our SmartCompliance resellers, customers and suppliers.
2. The interest in Descartes SmartLicence, driving licence verification service. With the removal of the paper driving licence counterpart in June by DVLA many operators are now looking at ways to ensure their drivers are entitled to drive on behalf of their organisation.
3. Showing our existing customers the routing and mobile applications Descartes provides.
We thoroughly enjoyed the CV Show 2015 and are very excited to see the outcome.
- Our first highlight has to be our new stand design. We updated and made sure our most recent products were on display as well as being easily accessible for customers to try them out.
- Our second highlight would be how well our show promotion was received. We wanted to reward the new and existing customers who came to see us on the stand this year.
- Thirdly all of our team enjoyed meeting everybody face to face who came to see us. This gave us a chance to meet some of our newer customers as well as potential customers. We look forward to doing it all again next year.
Orwell Truck & Van
- From a Mercedes-Benz Dealer perspective, the stand itself was a great platform to launch the new Mercedes-Benz Vito
- The outdoor presence of MB products was great for customers to see also.
- We particularly enjoyed the displays put on by competitors, which allowed us to make direct product comparisons.
- The 2015 Commercial Vehicle Show was a great opportunity for Delphi Product & Service Solutions (DPSS) to meet with its customers, all while showcasing its CV product and service portfolio.
- DPSS enjoyed discussing its Global Electronic Unit Pump (EUP) and Smart Injector repair program, as well as explaining the enhanced level of support its providing the growing network of Delphi Service and Delphi Diesel Centres, as well as its diagnostics offering.
- Additionally, DPSS highlighted its new commercial vehicle (CV) steering product line recently launched to the market.
The 3 main highlights for TachPro at the CV Show were:
- Having the chance to get to make so many great new contacts & potential customers- the busiest show for us yet.
- Getting so much positive feedback from our new range of dashcams and accident recording cameras
- Spotting a host of new products that we’ll be featuring on our website www.tachpro.com very soon.
- Mercedes-Benz, Isuzu UK, Renault Truck, Great Wall and Kwikfit signing up as exhibitors for DRIVEit.
- Collecting over 900 contact details for people interested in attending DRIVEit
- The plethora of meetings that CVShow makes possible because everybody is in the same place for three days and therefore the outcome of those meetings. sMMT and its promotion of the Smmt press day at DRIVEit and Ford where plans were hatched for a spectacular opening to this year’s DRIVEit I which details will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Technology plays a critical role in any haulage business and haulage operators are actively seeking new innovative solutions to drive improvements across their business. We had a great deal of interest in our new transport management software at the show; drag-and-drop multi-display Traffic Pad, Transport Analytics Dashboards and App for Sub-contractors to connect hauliers with owner-drivers and share work and POD's easily.
- The positive vibe - after such a tough few years in the industry there was definitely a buzz at the show which was well organised, well attended and a perfect platform for us to demonstrate our new technologies.
- The level of interest - both prior, during and after the show make this a worthwhile investment for us! The number of visitors at the show and the mix of products and services make this show the place to be for anything relating to a haulage business.
"This was our best ever show with more visitors showing more serious intent and offering much greater potential than in previous years."
- Eclipse, the market leader in multi-brand truck diagnostics, is celebrating their 10th anniversary this year and had a larger stand at this year’s CV Show but retained their well known living statue which visitors often think of as a lifeless mannequin- until it moves.
- Visitors at the show were eager to see the latest version of the Jaltest diagnostic package which has versions suitable not only for commercial vehicles but also for buses and coaches.
- Targeted the right group. The shows main hall had a number of exhibitors showcasing LCVs or conversions of LCVs. We are not a van convertor, but we do supply products that allow vans to be converted into mobile work areas. As such it was great to be able to not only talk to visitors about their needs but develop relations with other exhibitors.
- Strength of the show. The show is getting busier and there seems to be a real enthusiasm from the exhibitors and the attendees about the show. While it is has not necessarily got back to the highs pre-2009, the numbers are good and the quality of enquires is good. This resulted in a successful show and an upbeat energised sales staff.
- New business.M While it is nice to go to the show and showcase your brand and products, it is about leads and sales. From that point of view, the show was great for Ring. At the show, visitors were making positive signs about using our products and straight after, sales enquires and orders have been placed. The show has opened doors and we are winning business as a result.
Would you like to share your CV Show experience? We'd love to hear what you have to say, leave a comment in the box below!
As you can see, many businesses in the automotive and related industries benefited massively from this year’s CV Show, and will continue to do so for years to come.
To finish, here are a few words from the organisers themselves:
“A big thanks to all visitors and exhibitors that attended the 2015 Commercial Vehicle Show this year, making it the great road transport and logistics industry event that it is. As the doors close on this year’s Show we begin planning for 2016 when the CV Show will again take place at the NEC Birmingham on April 26 – 28.”